Monday, February 18, 2008

Megan Bizub

Up North

Excitedly, I watched the green car pull into my driveway; I was going up north with my grandma. The trip to Porter’s Lake was a two-hour drive but we were delayed for twenty-minutes by a train. My grandma actually turned the car off and opened all the windows while we waited for it to pass. As we continued driving, we saw rolling fields, dairy farms, and small towns. Certain landmarks caught my eye, for example, Mullins Drive-In, the house with the red star, and the water park. Finally, we arrived at the long gravel driveway that leads to the little cottage in the woods. My grandma and I were not alone for very long, my uncle, aunts, and cousins soon filled every room. There were ten excited people in a small cottage and one tiny bathroom. It was only for two days, but it was scorching hot with no air conditioning. The lake kept us cool as long as we stayed in it. In the cottage, the window fans were our only relief. Yet we still found a way to have fun. I was either fishing, swimming, talking, or playing with my little cousin. I will never forget this weekend.

5 comments:

Liz said...

That reminds me of a place that I go all the time- My cousin's Lake Resort. Me have so much fun there winter or summer beacuse my cousin is a pro skateboarder and his bro is a pro snowboarder! Great story... It reminds me of "THe godd ol days"!!
GabbyL :P

Liz said...

WOW seems fun but I probably wouldn't have liked no air condition. But great story!

~Meghan~

Liz said...

Great story!

Liz said...

Gabby,

Sounds like a great experience.

Well written except minor comma errors. Overall, good job.

I also like the comments that you have posted on others.

Mrs. Kayzar

Liz said...

Megan,

I addressed you as Gabby, sorry. I was looking at the side list of posts.

It was well written.
Mrs. Kayzar