Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Rachael

Every summer my family goes up to the Adirondacks, to a family camp resort called Camp~of~the~Woods. It’s an unbelievable experience. Usually each year we’d get a beach cabin, but this year we got a cabin in the woods. I wasn’t very happy about that, but I got over it after this summer. This summer I was determined to have fun. At camp there were many activities to choose from such as mini golf, zip lines, horse back riding, white water rafting, water skiing, and so much more. One night after my sister and I bought a bag of sour patch kids, we walked through the woods to our cabin. At that moment everything seemed silent. Suddenly someone had shined a flashlight on us, but it turned out they were shining it at something else, beside us stood a bear! It was probably the scariest experience of my life, but also the summer vacation I will NEVER forget.

17 comments:

Liz said...

That sounds so so fun and scary!

Samantha

Liz said...

I wood b sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo scared!

*Maddie

Liz said...

omg!!! i would have ran like the wind, but it would be kinda cool to see a bear!!

CLAIRE COOROUGH

Liz said...

COOLNESS!

Liz said...

Nice!!

Liz said...

That sounds sooo scary. You know how everyone says if you see a bear you're supposed to stay exactly where you are and make a lot of noise. I would probably ignore that and start running and screaming for my life.
Amanda

Liz said...

I would have died! That would have been so scary!!!!!!

~LAUREL :)

Liz said...

-Rachael
WOW is all I can say.
-Angela

Liz said...

Rachel,

What happened?? Bear?

When writing keep the helping verbs / verbs in the same tense. You started out in present and then switched to past.

In addition, look at comma use.
Overall, nice job.
Mrs. Kayzar

Liz said...

That is like crazy cool I would have left your sister behind and saved yourself!

Liz said...

Sounds so scary!! If that ever happened to me I would be so much more scared!!!

Liz said...

From GAbby

Liz said...

AHHH scary!
i wud have ran...but it wud have chased me!
fun summer!

~Lucyyy

Liz said...

That sounds like it was an AMAZING summer!

Liz said...

I would have been so freaked. Did you drop your sour patch candy?

Liz said...

That is really scary but sounds so cool.
Gabby again.

Liz said...

Good Job☻ I love your story